The term “personal data” includes any information that enables you to be identified, such as your name, physical address, email address and phone number.
1. Nature of the Data Collected and Purpose of the Data Processing: When you access this Web site, TopDown collects the IP address of the computer you are using to browse the site. If this address is a “static” or fixed IP address, TopDown could in certain circumstances theoretically be able to identify you, and therefore, this type of information could be considered personal data. However, TopDown only collects this type of information to compile usage statistics on an anonymous basis; TopDown does not collect IP address data to identify you.
Apart from your IP address, no personal data is transmitted when accessing this Web site. Unless you submit personal data about yourself by filling in a form on the Web site or by sending us an e-mail, we will not maintain any other personal data as a result of your access and usage of the site.
The Web site invites you to register with us on-line, by providing information through a form page. We use the information you submit by registering to send you customized marketing information by post, on-line download or e-mail. You may request to cease receiving such information at any time following registration. You may request to be removed from our email list by sending an email to [we need an firstname.lastname@example.org email] with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the email subject line or by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email.
In addition, in order to better understand the needs of the visitors of this Web site and to adapt the Web site to these needs, we occasionally conduct on-line surveys. Participation in these surveys is optional. The data collected through these surveys is used for statistical analysis of visitor , TopDown product or product category assessments and for direct marketing purposes.
2. Disclosure of Personal Data: Unless we tell you otherwise, we do not sell or rent your personal data to any third parties. When involved in a joint marketing partnership, TopDown may share information, which you have submitted to us with the partner company which is subject to applicable non-disclosure obligations.
3. Use of “Cookies”: This Web site sends “cookies” to your computer to better serve you with more tailored information when you return to the website. A cookie is a small element of data that can be sent by our web site to your browser and stored on your hard drive, not on TopDown’s web site. Cookies do not collect information about visitors. Unless you input your Personal Data onto our website you cannot be identified and remain anonymous. You can set most browsers to tell you when you are sent a cookie and to refuse to receive it.
4. Security of Your Data: TopDown takes all commercially reasonable precautions to adequately prevent others from freely accessing the information you provide or that we compile. As you are no doubt aware, however, despite these precautions, zealous hackers may wrongfully gain access to this information. Although such unauthorized access is unlikely, we feel obligated to inform you of the risk and advise you that TopDown is not liable for any damages caused by such unauthorized access.
5. Third Party Sites: This policy only addresses our activities from our servers. Other sites (including those that we link to within an advertisement banner or otherwise, and third party sites or services which we co-brand) may have their own policies, which we do not control, and thus are not addressed by this policy.
6. Your Right to Access, Correction, and Erasure: You have the right to ask TopDown about the information we hold about you. In addition, you have the right to correct or delete any information we hold about you. If you wish to know which information TopDown holds about you or if you wish to correct and update this information, please contact us at:
TopDown Consulting Incorporated
TopDown Consulting, Inc.
530 Divisadero Street #310
San Francisco, CA 94117
Phone: (617) 576-8445
TopDown endeavors to honor your request within four weeks of receipt. If you want us to delete your private data and unsubscribe yourself from any mailing list or e-mail list in the future, we will attend to your demand within four weeks of receiving your e-mail or letter.
In addition, if you have registered on my.TopDown.com, you may log onto such site and, using your password, update your personal profile. If you wish to opt out of future marketing communications, please follow the instructions at the bottom of the message received or email us at email@example.com.