Case Study: How Suez slashed cycle times and improved service levels with Hybrid Aggregation
Please join Ron Moore and Brian Brockway (Suez) online for a presentation of Case Study: How Suez slashed cycle times and improved service levels with Hybrid Aggregation.
RECORDED ON: Friday, August 17, 2017
Suez owns and operates 16 water and waste utilities and operates 90 municipal water and waste water systems. They had a very large Planning cube and aggregations could take three hours or more. They had to choose carefully which aggregations they did and when. Administration was arduous. This put severe limits on what Suez could do to improve service levels to users.Suez partnered with TopDown Consulting to optimize the application. TopDown performed a series of tests on more than a dozen optimization techniques. The results provided two good options. FixParralel could reduce aggregation times to about 20 minutes. And even though Suez was on 22.214.171.124.500, the application appeared to be a good candidate for Hybrid Aggregation which would eliminate the aggregation.
In this session Brian Brockway, Manager – IT Applications and Support at Suez and Ron Moore, Solution Architect at TopDown Consulting will describe:
- the tests performed to identify the best optimization options
- the steps to determine if the cube was a candidate for Hybrid Aggregation
- the tradeoffs between FixParallel and Hybrid Aggregation and how Suez decided which option to pursue
- the step by step process (including code samples) of converting the cube to hybrid, including cross-dimensional operators, time balances, MDX WITH clauses and other challenges
- how Suez addressed the effects of some of Hybrid’s disadvantages
Finally, we will describe how Hybrid transformed service levels for users and list the benefits of the conversion.