Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio Challenges and Tricks
Oracle describes Financial Reporting Studio (“FRS”) as “a powerful tool for designing and presenting analytic data graphically.” It is commonly used for designing traditional financial report formats and nontraditional formats. There are tasks that it performs very well and others that can be downright challenging. In this five-part blog series, Patti Fingar provides you with common FRS challenges and provides tips for solving them.
- Challenge #1 – Report Loses Formatting in PDF
- Challenge #2 – If Offset Function is used in a Report, and there is more than one Dimension referenced in the Rows, the Basic Suppression will not work.
- Challenge #3 – Crossing Years with Essbase Reports
- Challenge #4 – Show the Base or Level 0 Members and to skip any of the roll-up Ancestors in the hierarchy for Planning or Essbase
- Challenge #5 – Variable Needed for Report Calculation
Patti Fingar is a Solutions Administrator at TopDown Consulting specializing in Planning, HFM, FDM, Financial Reporting and SmartView. She has over 15 years of experience Administering Hyperion at a variety of large multinational organizations where she participated in several complex implementation projects. In her current role she provides dedicated support to clients in need of someone to manage their Hyperion applications.